I scheduled this post a little while before #BloggerPitP thinking it would be a break between picnic posts but now it seems a bit random so yolo you'll probs just have to deal with it soz.
As if I just said yolo.
It wasn't ironic either.
So I thought I'd do a little intro to my one and only pet Mildred because I've mentioned her once and twice on this blog and I thought it'd be cute to give her an official debut.
So we're not sure how old Mildred is but we think she is about 7. She came to us as a stray so we count her birthday as the first day she came to the house and she gets some special Iams on that day. She legit couldn't give a shit.
One stormy evening in March 5 years ago we were eating tea at the dining table and this figure just appeared at the kitchen window and scared the living crap out of me. It was Mildred just sat at the window peering in like a complete loon and we just stared at her like wtf......
She kinda just sat there for ages and didn't move until we finished our tea and then my Mum went out to see what she wanted and Mildred just miaowed at her so my Mum thought to give her some grub to see if that's what she wanted.
Luckily my mum is nuts (or a wildlife lover, whatevs you wanna call it) and always has a sachet of cat food in the house that she puts out for the hedgehogs, appaz they love it, who knew? So that night Mildred had it instead.
To cut a long story of a few weeks short basically she just stayed in my garden. She was really thin so my Mum fed her and we realised she was sleeping in the big green garden waste recycling bags in the garden so my Mum made them more accessible to her and she just kinda lived in the garden for a little while. My Mum would do the gardening and Mildred would just chill with her, she'd let us stroke her a little bit but was a bit wary but she just stayed.
We had a cat and a dog when we were toddlers but they both died and my parents said we couldn't afford to have any more so whilst me and my brother LOVED Mildred my Dad especially was still pretty adamant she wasn't to come in the house cos she wasn't ours.
However, Mildred didn't leave, she became more and more friendly and then one day the back door was open and she just waltzed in, wandered over to a bean bag and just curled up and slept there. And when my Dad came home from work he was like k then that's that and well, she never left from that day onwards.
I named her Mildred pretty early on, before she came into the house and my parents and brother hated it but lol it suited her and I won. Sobs.
So we took her to the vet and had her checked out and she didn't have a chip and after weeks of notices for people to find her, nobody came forward and she was microchipped as ours and when she goes to the cattery on holidays she's under Mildred Rees and it's maybe the cutest thing ever.
Things Mildred likes;
- Cuddles. On her terms only.
- Eating mice and rabbits and voles.
- Bringing us dead presents.
- Vomiting dead animals in the kitchen.
- Being tickled.
- Having a cat massage.
- Coming in through one window, walking across the other side of the room and exiting another window.
- Asking to go out to the loo via the door like a dog.
- Staring at other cats through their windows.
- Staring at dogs from the trees.
- Licking yoghurt out of a bowl.
- Waiting for you to pour out her food and then walking off without eating it.
- Scramming you.
- Attacking grapes, string, toy mice and your feet.
- Coming up to sleep on a warm bed in the mornings.
Things Mildred doesn't like;
- Being picked up.
- Cuddles that aren't on her terms.
- My niece.
- Other cats.
- Anyone that isn't us.
- Any other brand of food except Felix.
- Not being able to sneak onto a bed because a human is still sleeping on it.
- Me working.
- Having her flea treatment.
- The cattery.
- Any birds, rabbits or small rodents that are still living.
- Toy mice that she thinks are alive.
- The wind.
- Not being allowed to crawl all over the shelves of glass and china.