This post has been scheduled in my blog planner for months and the nearer it came in my to do list the more and more I dreaded writing it...
I know I haven't kept up my resolutions properly and I really aimed to get cracking on them again even if just to have a good blog report but hey, you can't have it all.
For those of you new to my blog (hey there, thanks for popping by) here's a little reminder of what I vowed to do during 2016.
- Blog more - at least 4 times a week.
- Learn to speak more Welsh than "I hate -insert name here- because he is boring" and various swear words.
- Do my finances on each day of the month.
- Improve my blog photography.
- Produce at least one illustration a week because ya know, it's my job.
So how am I doing?
- Blog more - yasss the one I can say I succeed at and surpassed! Since January my blog has been growing and growing and I am LOVING it. I am blogging at least 4 times a week normally 5 or 6 and have a few runs of 7 days a week for multiple weeks! Read my post on blogging for 33 days straight for more info!
- Learn to speak more Welsh - Failed utterly and truly. I really want to get on this but I've mentioned before I don't want to commit to classes and I don't really want to have to pay either. If someone can point my in the direction of an online programme or app that's really good for it please leave me a comment and let me know!
- Do my finances on the first - Ugh this is a work in progress. Some months I am really on it and I get it all done and then some months I leave it for weeks and I'm like what was this 4 quid back in March for? I had to do my taxes in April for my business so that gave me a big kick up the bum to do my finances and banking so that's something right? Right?
- Improve my blog photography - This is 100% just a matter of opinion so maybs if you could leave me a comment and let me know that'd be great k thanks. I think personally I have improved? My Etsy shop relaunch goes live today and I am super happy with the photography for that. I am trying to move away from snapping on my iphone and actually get the camera and the props out and make more of an effort! This is one I definitely want to continue to build on.
- Illustrate weekly - Bit of a grey area really. I doooo illustrate weekly but not in a job capacity always if that makes sense? I draw something whether it be for a product for my shop of for a job or for a cheeky Intsa pic or something. One thing I have massively fallen behind on is the Colour Collective hashtag on Twitter which I wanted to take part in weekly but haven't done in months. I really am determined to get back on that because I do love the challenge.
So that's how I'm doing with my resolutions 6 months on (the answer being, not that great!)
Are you keeping any of yours up? Let me know in the comments!
If you liked this you might also like 'My New Years Resolutions.'