Stuck In A Blog Rut? You Need An Instagram Walk.
I won't go into the who and the what and the wheres and the whys because I've absolutely milked this day out for all it's worth and I'm still working my way through the 128387827487364 photos on my Instagram grid anyway.
But basically, we went to London on the premise of an Instagram walk. If you haven't heard the term before, it's pretty self explanatory. You go out, preferably somewhere pretty, you take photos, you walk. Done.
I wasn't in a blog rut per se but I have definitely been feeling tip top since we came back.
There was nothing radical to the day, there's nothing radical to the concept but you'll be surprised how much of a difference it makes to your blogging mojo.
We all said how motivated and inspired we felt after our day out. For sure spending time with blogging pals makes a MAHOOSIVE difference to your blogging vibe but spending the day in the sunshine, taking beautiful photos is fabulous.
Why an Instagram walk is tip top for your blog rut;
- Finding somewhere beautiful, local or somewhere new to you is always a joy.
- You're improving your photography every time you snap away.
- Cropping and composition and angling is sure to get the creative juices flowing.
- You have ENDLESS blog photos in stock.
- See above but for Instagram.
- It's a largely free day out once you get there so $$$$$$$$$$$
- You're getting exercise without even thinking about it.
- Just being outside in the fresh air is good for the soul.
- You can probably wangle a few outfit shots cos #model
Honestly, forget all your normal blogging rut tips, forget reading other blogs or taking a blogging break or scouring Pinterest.....get your camera, get your phone and get out the car.
Just go for a walk, take some deep breaths in the fresh air, get snap happy and see what you come up with. The absolute beauty of it is there's no pressure, no need to stress about capturing the perfect shot, you just point, shoot, see what happens and then spend an exciting day at home looking through them, cropping and editing.
Feeling a bit bleurgh with your blog? Take this weekend to Instagram walk - comes highly recommended.